I have been teaching literature, writing, and language in English and in Spanish since 2004. I have worked in the U.S., Argentina, and Ecuador. In addition to my work as a writer and teacher, I was co-editor of the “Writers on Writers” section at Asymptote (and assistant editor prior to that).
I have also worked as a project manager for a translation agency and an administrator in a sales office.
My current position at New Jersey Institute of Technology is a hybrid role (teaching and program administration).
Here is a list of courses I have taught at the university level in the U.S.:
New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Technical writing (courses for international PhD students and another for undergraduates)
- Research writing
- First-year writing
- First-year writing seminar. Topic: Disinformation
- First and second semester Spanish
- Latin American Narrative in the 20th and 21st Century
- Spanish Translation for Healthcare
- Advanced grammar in Spanish
- Topics in Contemporary Hispanic Culture
- Elementary Spanish
- Literary translation (Spanish/English)
- Introduction to Hispanic literature
- Spanish composition and conversation
- Language courses: second, third, and fourth semester Spanish